Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chai Tea




 If any one knows me they have probably seen me with a Chai Tea in my hand at least once.... or maybe everyday if they see me before the afternoon. I am a clear addict of Tea and Chai is my weakness. I really can't resist the spicy pleasure. 
Chai Spices
After years of frustration at the use of LIQUID pre-made artificially sweetened Junk Chai in most Cofee Houses. I have begun the lasy few months mastering a instant powder Chai Tea Recipe I can make from home with the quality ingredients I love. So far I have done 6 Chai recipes and have not been completely satisfied athough I do get closer every try. My house has smelt fabulous of rich exotic spices and sugary top-notes for weeks. I love spice it is oh so nice!
Chai spices
From the Westernized versions Big Train is my favorite powdered Chai mix I have found and Apropos Roasters has one that is good but there all full of too much sugar and creamer that is full of more junk and I'm just not a fan...although Apropos did just start making a Vegan one a couple days ago.

 For all these sugary, powderer creamer nightmare recipes out there I will rise above you and create a Healthy Fair Trade instant powder Chai Mix that I desire...... you wait and see. More on Chai soon to come...

So what is Chai Tea and its benefits? 





Chai Tea is made by brewing black or green tea leaves with a mixture of aromatic Indian spices and herbs.  In India, Masala Chai is more of a medicinal, Ayurvedic mixture than the sugared-up, frothed up, recreational beverage of the western world.  In fact, the name “Chai” is a generic word for tea in Hindi, and it may be used to name any tea with one or all of Indian spices and herbs.
The most common spices in Chai are cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, star anise, peppercorn, and clove.  Other variations may include star anise, peppercorns, Allspice, nutmeg and even licorice.  The spices and herbs are brewed with black or green tea leaves, and mixed with milk & honey and or soy products, and other sweeteners.
Chai Benefits
  • provides a calm, alert, focused mental state
  • acts as a natural stress remedy
  • enhances one’s weight loss regimen
  • acts as a natural diuretic
  • aids in healthy digestion & circulation
  • Useful for cholesterol levels and blood pressure
  • Anti-cancer properties
ahhh Chai Tea not only yummy but so good for you too! LOVE it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...