Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tomatillos





Tomatillo, Purple de Milpa OG
  I am so in LOVE with gardening that is all I have been doing lately no joke...all weekend. We do have 90% of our garden planted and we did double the size an additional 20x20 so much room I dig!
So have you ever tried growing Tomatillos? They are like a mix between a tomato and pepper so flavorful! They grow like a tomato you'll need to cage them but honestly I love them!! I have grown the regular Green Tomatillos in the past but this year I've decided to give the Purple and Yellow ones a try they just looked so pretty! I've heard the Purple are even better then the green...I'll let you know what I think.  So excited to try the fun colors out in my Tomatillo salsa recipe, more on that soon to come...

 

4 comments:

Kaycee said...

Wow those look so good! We are going to pick up some more plants when the weather gets a little better, we will have to try some tomatillos! Thanks for the post!

LaCimOuRiTsEn said...

I always just see the green ones and have only used green. How do YOU prepare them? I'm curious to how you guys eat them.

Creations and Inspirations said...

ohh I love browning them with an onion and then throwing them in a blender with cilantro and garlic super yummy! or you can make a tomatillo ranch like cafe rio by taking them some cilantro clove of garlic, jalapeno seeded, and a lime...then simply throw it in a blender with your ranch packet yum yum I'll post more recipes when there ready to eat :)

Sandra Gardener said...

Hello!
Very interesting tomatillos and great photos.
Thank you and nice to meet you! I am so happy you like my photos.
I am your new follower. Come on by my blog when you have time...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...