Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Vintage Icon

My heart broke a bit yesterday morning when I heard the news about Elizabeth Taylor going to heaven with the angels. She was such a classy lady with so much talent and was a true inspiration in my life. There not many women these days with her pose and classiness, she was one of a kind. From the moment she appeared on screen as a doll faced ten year old in Lassie Come Home, Elizabeth Taylor was winning hearts and who could forget her as Velvet Brown in National Velvet? Of course, she grew up to be a smokin' hot screen siren (think Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Cleopatra) and a vintage icon who tempted audiences for nearly three decades through the fifties, sixties and seventies. Love you and will miss you Elizabeth!
Elizabeth Taylor Vintage Icon Fifites Sixties Seventies 70s Retro Bathers Swimsuit Beach Swimmers Blue Aqua Movie Hollywood




 

 

 

14 comments:

anyaadores said...

My heart broke to - believe she is in a peaceful place now. Amazing lady E.
Just found your blog, and I adore it (amazing ranunculus post)- I will follow you, as I like to see what you do next. Hope you follow me back:)
Axx
http://anyaadores.blogpsot.com

Katherine said...

Liz was amazing and her and Burton were such an epic love story. I love that photo of her in those pearls. Thanks for sharing <3

www.featherfactor.com

Chicca said...

Thanks for your sweet comment and for stopping by my blog! This post is amazing, thanks for sharing!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

sugarhoneybaby said...

So sad:(

Creations and Inspirations said...

She led such an amazing life and shined with love! She touched the hearts of so many from sea to sea I love seeing all the comments from friends around the world. oxoxox

Vision of a Dreamer said...

Sad... RIP!



Kisses from
http://visionofadreamer.blogspot.com/

Kholá said...

Elizabeth was such an icon. She will be terribly missed.

www.kholaskloset.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I know it is sad...New era... Michael Jackson and now her...
Love your blog ! love the spring post and the tomato one.
Follow me back please :)
Xo
http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

Hyphen Interiors said...

Beautiful pics of Liz! Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by Emily A Clark's blog and leaving a comment regarding my chair project that she had featured. I appreciate it!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Beautiful icon indeed! You have captured some beautiful images!!

Fun blog!

Karen said...

She was more than a pretty face, she was a tireless crusader for AIDS. I respect her so much more for her kind heart than her work as an actress. She will be missed.

Twenty.Something said...

Following you :)

Leigh said...

i agree...the news is so sad! she was so beautiful, and such an icon!

thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

Antonia-Ivana said...

Her death was reall heart-breaking. Couldn't believe it when I heard it in the news. Hollywood has lost its last diva and legend.

http://antoniaivana.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...